It's easy to start your application.
Become a Master Builder
The Master of Architecture + Master of Construction Management (MArch+MCM) joint degree program prepares architectural students for the diverse roles within today's multidisciplinary design and construction process. Broaden your perspective and your education by pursuing a joint degree from the Washington University's College of Architecture and McKelvey Engineering's Construction Management Program.
From your first course and throughout the program, learn theories combined with real-world applications, strengthening your management acumen, collaborative problem solving, interpersonal communication and leadership competencies. Graduates become leaders and integrators capable of facing the challenges and opportunities in today's built environment.
Who can apply? Architecture students who have been accepted into Washington University's Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts are eligible to earn a MArch +MCM degree. Students wishing to explore this dual degree program should first learn more about WashU's Master of Architecture and apply.
To enroll in the joint degree programs, students already enrolled in the MArch program must complete a joint degree declaration form (available from Aaron Akins), in addition to completing the necessary MCM application procedures and having a meeting with the Steve Bannes, director of Graduate Studies in Construction Management.
- Application (fee waived for current WashU architecture students)
- Must have been accepted into the Sam Fox School M.Arch degree
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from each college or university attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
For MCM/M.Arch joint degree students, the 30 total units in the Construction Management program are made up of:
9 units of Construction Management (T64) courses count toward both degrees:
- T64-573 Fundamentals of Construction Management - 3 units
- T64-574C Construction Project Planning & Scheduling - 3 units
- T64-523A Construction Cost Estimating - 3 units
12 units of CM/PM courses in addition to the requirements for the M.Arch degree
- T64-572 Legal Aspects of Construction – 3 units
- T54-584 Communication Excellence for Influential Leadership – 3 units
- T64-581A MCM/M.Arch Capstone Project – Phase 1 (1 unit)
Plus, one (1) Elective Course – 3 units
- Digital Construction Technology
- Heavy Civil Construction Management
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- The Art & Science of Risk Management
- Developing Leadership for Professionals
- Project Management the Agile Way
- Foundations of Analytics
- Group Dynamics in Project Team Performance
- Introduction to Cybersecurity