Options of Study:
Part-time Master's Degree (30 units, 2.5 years+ to complete)
- Graduate Certificate (15 units, 10-15 months to complete)
The quality and efficiency of health-care systems are of increasing importance at every level and dimension of society. The 30-unit Master of Health Care Operational Excellence is designed to prepare students to create, lead and manage the continuous improvement of processes in clinical operations. There is also a 15-unit graduate certificate in Health Care Operational Excellence that can be applied to the degree at any point.
This program is designed to create thought leaders in continuous improvement, employee engagement, value stream mapping and operational excellence. Focused on continuous improvement methodologies, the curriculum offered in this degree prepares leaders in service, health care and other operational environments to utilize a toolset allowing them to eliminate waste, innovate and improve patient and employee experiences in St. Louis and around the globe.
- Project Management in Healthcare
- Innovation Science & Human Centered Design/Human Factors
- Introductory Overview of Health Care Operational Excellence
- Facilitation Skills/Change Management
- Lean Healthcare Concepts, Tools and Lean Management Systems
- Six Sigma Concepts and Tools
- Healthcare Financial Models
Scholarships are available for current employees of U.S. nonprofit healthcare organizations. Loan assistance may be available. Click here
for more information. Please contact Johanna Sengheiser
for additional assistance.