The 30 unit master of construction management is a part-time program for working professionals with 5+ years of work experience in construction or architecture.
A 15 unit graduate certificate is also offered and can be transferred into the degree program at any time. Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Arts architecture students are also able to dual major by adding the construction management degree to their architecture degree.
* These courses are required to earn a Graduate Certificate in Construction Management.
Complete the following core courses (15-units):
- T60-502 Financial Principles of the company*
- T64-523A Construction Cost Estimating*
- T64-572 Legal Aspects of Construction*
- T64-573 Fundamentals in Construction Management*
- T64-574C Construction Project Planning and Scheduling*
Complete 12-units of elective courses:
- T64-538 Quality Processes in Construction Management
- T64-550A Special Topic: Sustainable Construction
- T64-550B Business Development for Construction Professionals
- T64-550D Special Topic: Heavy Civil Construction Management
- T64-580B Digital Construction Technology
Additional electives, including courses offered by:
- SEAS - Professional Education
- College of Architecture & Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Design
- Olin Business School, and
- School of Law
Please contact your academic advisor, Holly Stanwich to discuss elective options.
Complete a 3-unit capstone course:
- T64-579 Advanced Construction Management
- T64-518A and 581B MCM-M.Arch Capstone Project Phases 1 and 2
View our course descriptions.
Although certificate programs do not qualify for federal loan programs, loans are still available for the master's degrees. For more information, contact Johanna Sengheiser (firstname.lastname@example.org).