It's easy to start your application.
Become a Master Builder
Broaden your perspective and your education by pursuing a joint degree from the McKelvey School of Engineering's Construction Management Program.
The Master of Architecture + Master of Construction Management (MArch+MCM) joint degree program prepares architectural students for the diverse roles within today's multidisciplinary design and construction process. Architecture students enrolled at the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts can earn a MArch +MCM degree in considerably less time than pursuing each degree separately.
From your first course and throughout the program, learn theories combined with real-world applications, strengthening your management acumen, collaborative problem solving, interpersonal communication and leadership competencies. Graduates become leaders and integrators capable of facing the challenges and opportunities in today's built environment.
In this joint program, the School of Architecture accepts nine credit units earned in the McKelvey School of Engineering toward the MArch degree. In the same way, the McKelvey School of Engineering accepts nine credit units earned in Architecture toward the MCM degree, as long as the MCM degree is finished at the same time or immediately following the MArch degree.
- Admission Requirements
- Application (fee waived for current WashU architecture students)
- Must have been accepted into the Sam Fox School M.Arch degree
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from each college or university attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- For MCM/M.Arch joint degree students, the 30 total units in the Construction Management program are made up of:
9 units of Construction Management (T64) courses count toward both degrees:
- T64-573 Fundamentals of Construction Management - 3 units
- T64-574C Construction Project Planning & Scheduling - 3 units
- T64-523A Construction Cost Estimating - 3 units
12 units of CM/PM courses in addition to the requirements for the M.Arch degree
- T64-572 Legal Aspects of Construction – 3 units
- T54-584 Communication Excellence for Influential Leadership – 3 units
- T64-581A MCM/M.Arch Capstone Project – Phase 1 (1 unit)
Plus, one (1) Elective Course – 3 units
- Elective Courses
- Digital Construction Technology
- Heavy Civil Construction Management
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- The Art & Science of Risk Management
- Developing Leadership for Professionals
- Project Management the Agile Way
- Foundations of Analytics
- Group Dynamics in Project Team Performance
- Introduction to Cybersecurity